"Oklahoma: What's Up? - Show I" was first aired on Sunday March 30th 2003. Our Guest was The Honorable Brad Henry, Governor of the State of Oklahoma.
Our topics included:
- Initial thoughts about the office of Governor after 90 days
- Work with Executive Branch; Work with Legislative Branch
- Has the "not suppose to be here" syndrome worn off yet?
- Budget deficit
- Revenue shortfall, where are we - how bad is it?
- Education funding
- Public schools are top priority
- No cuts - 110 million more, how can this happen?
- School consolidation
- Education lottery
- $300 million of new revenue - is this realistic?
- Legislature to approve vote of the people
- Historical precedent (42 other times)
- Is this a partisan issue?
- Do we learn from right to work?
- If no legislative approval, statewide initiative? - a constitutional or legislative change?
- Deacon in Baptist Church - does the Baptist opposition cause you difficulty
- Indian Gaming Compact
Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Governor Brad Henry