"Oklahoma's Financial Picture" was first aired on Sunday March 9th 2003. Our Guest was Scott Meacham, Director, Office of State Finance.
Our topics included:
- What's up with Oklahoma finances - how bad is it?
- How bad is it going to get?
- What is the current budget deficit information?
- Each month it seems to be getting worse - Just how bad is it?
- Why is it this way? - What sources of revenue are down and why?
- What is the expectation?
- Oklahoma's balanced budget requirement
- How will the budget shortfall affect public safety?
- District attorney's offices and courts in general
- View from rural Oklahoma
- Joint project of Office of State Finance and Department of the Commerce:
- Clinton was included; Agriculture is weak
- People are leaving; Wealth is leaving
- Where will we be three years from now?
- This budget deficit is much worse than the Penn Square oil bust of the early to mid-80's
- The revenue shortfall is considerably larger - Time will tell.
- This is our 100th Show!
Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Scott Meacham