"Working With Adolescents; Tough Answers to Tough Questions - Show I" was first aired on Sunday February 9th 2003. Our Guests were UCO Professor Robert Doan, Ph.D. and UCO Graduate Lesia Foerster-Doan, L.B.P.
Our topics included:
- Previous shows dealt with deprived and abused children
- These next two shows deal with kids in trouble for what they did - delinquents
- We will discuss the difference today from the past - school violence and disruptive conduct
- Our guests are very informed on this topic
- We will discuss the increase in unrest and violence in our schools
- What amount/degree more now - what is contributing to this and how Oklahoma schools are equipped to handle this
- What should be done at school level to do away with need for metal detectors/drug tests/bullying
- What should be done at home
- Why so many of our young people are disillusioned and dissatisfied
- Normal adolescent behavior - is there a general profile of kids in trouble and their families?
- This show we will talk about the causes of kids getting in trouble at school, next week we will talk about what happens when they do
Lesia Foerster-Doan, Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Robert Doan