"Criminal Law and the Poor - Show I" was first aired on Sunday January 12th 2003. Our Guest was James D. Bednar, Executive Director, Oklahoma Indigent Defense System.
Our topics included:
- What are the essential functions of the Oklahoma Criminal Justice System:
- 1) Law enforcement; 2)Prosecution; 3) Judicial; 4) Defender; 5) Corrections
- Is there a necessity for parity or checks and balances in our system?
- What is the purpose and function of the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System?
- How is the Oklahoma Indigent Defense System carried out at the trial and appellate levels?
Kent Meyers, Larry Blankenship, Mick Cornett, Jim Bednar