"Positive Tomorrows" was first aired on Sunday April 29th 2018. Our Guest was Susan Agel, President, Positive Tomorrows. Show No. 883
Our topics included:
- Discuss Positive Tomorrows and how its school was established.
- Where their students come from and how they get to school each day.
- Barriers that keep homeless students from succeeding in school and how they remove those barriers.
- How constant stress affects children’s capacity to learn.
- Steps they take to insure the classroom is an ideal learning environment for their students.
- Opportunities they extend to students that they may miss out on as a result of being homeless.
- Support provided to the students’ families.
- How their school is different than public schools.
- Number of homeless students currently in our public schools.
- Do they turn students away?
- Discuss their capital campaign.
- How the new facility will help.
- What viewers can do to help.
Susan Agel, Kent Meyers, Terri Watkins