"DHS - The Plight of Abused and Deprived Children in Oklahoma" was first aired on Sunday December 8th 2002. Our Guests were The Honorable Roger Stuart, Special District Judge, Juvenile Court and Howard Hendrick, Director, Department of Human Services.
Our topics included:
- Discussion of the difference between abused and deprived children and delinquent children
- Description of the Oklahoma County Shelter and what is accomplished there
- Discussion of the Court process - unification of children with parents or termination and adoption
- How we are doing on adoption and what happens to the children who are not adoptable
- Does Oklahoma have any missing children?
Judge Stuart, Kent Meyers, Larry Blankenship, Mick Cornett, Howard Hendrick