"The Cost of Defending Unconstitutional Legislation" was first aired on Sunday September 3rd 2017. Our Guest was Kay Floyd, Senator, Oklahoma District 46. Show No. 849
Our topics included:
- Discuss last session and “revenue raising” bills.
- Her thoughts on the effect the invalidation of the tobacco tax will have on the special session
- Viable options to consider in special session
- Cost of defending unconstitutional legislation.
- How one determines the cost
- How predictable legislation is to be ultimately ruled unconstitutional
- Possible remedy for the passage of unconstitutional legislation
- Her predictions about the upcoming legislative session
Kay Floyd, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers