"Oklahoma's Prison Crisis" was first aired on Sunday July 23rd 2017. Our Guest was Joe Allbaugh, Director, Oklahoma Department of Corrections. Show No. 843
Our topics included:
- Update on Department of Corrections.
- Number of different facilities he oversees.
- Inmate population numbers in Oklahoma and if that is over or under capacity.
- Why Oklahoma has so many per capita.
- Will the criminal justice reform efforts help.
- Staffing shortages.
- How correction officers are recruited and trained.
- How weather affects conduct in the prisons.
- Infrastructure needs.
- How viewers can help.
Joe Allbaugh, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers