"A Balanced Budget" was first aired on Sunday May 14th 2017. Our Guest was Preston L. Doerflinger, Secretary of Finance, Administration and Information Technology. Show No. 834
Our topics included:
- His current position and duties.
- Discuss OMES and its 1) mission, 2) Organization, and 3) staffing.
- How state budgets are created.
- Why we must wait so late in the session to do it.
- Why we have to have a balanced budget.
- Method used to come up with a state budget and who is involved.
- Will the shortfall be covered.
- Discuss the Rainy Day Fund.
- What should be expected at the end of this month.
Preston Doerflinger, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers