"Childhood Cancer" was first aired on Sunday April 23rd 2017. Our Guest was Dr. William Meyer, Pediatric Hematology & Oncology, OUHSC. Show No. 831
Our topics included:
- His background and how he came to Oklahoma.
- His area of practice is in the oncology area for children’s cancers, how he came to select that area for his attention.
- Discuss the training he went through to be prepared to deal with these difficult issues.
- Discuss the advancements made in treating children’s cancers.
- What is being done and the adequacy of the research involved in that area.
- Discuss the comprehensive pediatric clinic that he supervises here at the Health Sciences Center.
- Treatments that they do not offer that patients might have to go out of state to obtain.
- Progress being made to eradicate pediatric cancer.
- Discuss the emotional toll it takes not only on the patient and the patient’s family, but on the staff that is administering the treatment.
- What viewers can do to assist their efforts.
Dr. Meyer, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers