"Protecting the Protector" was first aired on Sunday December 25th 2016. Our Guest was Ronald Baze, General Counsel, Oklahoma Department of Human Services. Show No. 814
Our topics included:
- How and why he went from private practice to practicing with the AG’s office.
- What made him interested in the DHS General Counsel position and how that came about.
- How he has found the work at the Department of Human Services as General Counsel.
- Trace his responsibilities for us in that position: Staff; Attorneys; Offices; Others.
- DHS is the largest state agency, how difficult it is to bring about meaningful change in an organization of this size.
- His responsibilities with the Department’s implementation and carrying out of the Pinnacle Plan?
- Discuss the diverse activities of DHS: Children; Elderly; Disabled; and Others.
- How the new Criminal Justice Reform Acts approved by the voters will impact his work.
- How the smaller rate of incarceration for parents will help DHS’ work.
- Discuss the tight state budget and its effect on his work and DHS’ mission.
- Ten years from now, how DHS’ mission will be different.
Ronald Baze, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers