"Your Labor Commissioner" was first aired on Sunday November 6th 2016. Our Guest was Melissa McLawhorn Houston, Commissioner of Labor, State of Oklahoma.. Show No. 807
Our topics included:
- Congratulations on her appointment by Governor Fallin.
- How she has settled into the job.
- The hardest thing she has had to deal with.
- Length of her remaining term.
- Considering Mark Costello’s tragic death, difficulty of assuming this position under those circumstances.
- How her prior experience with the Attorney General’s office equipped her to hand this task.
- She has announced she is not going to run for election.
- Why that is so and when she came to that conclusion.
- As Labor Commissioner her principal duties.
- Greatest challenges she has faced so far as Labor Commissioner.
- Her thoughts on if Oklahoma needs new Legislative action in the area of labor law.
- What viewers can do to make the operation of her office smoother.
Melissa McLawhorn Houston, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers