"A Report from the Director" was first aired on Sunday October 2nd 2016. Our Guest was Ed Lake, Director, Oklahoma Department of Human Services. Show No. 802
Our topics included:
- Talk about managing the largest state agency with the largest budget.
- His interaction with the other branches of government - the Legislature; the Courts; and other representatives of the Executive Branch like the Governor.
- How he has dealt with budget shortfalls and the delivery of services to Oklahomans.
- How much deeper cuts could go without creating a service crisis.
- Discuss dealing with the Pinnacle Plan and the “Co-neutrals”.
- Discuss new foster homes in Oklahoma.
- Discuss layoffs/hirings.
- Why Oklahoma has per capita so many kids in care.
- What viewers can do to help DHS.
Ed Lake, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers