"Medicine: Good and Bad" was first aired on Sunday September 4th 2016. Our Guest was Rachel M. Franklin, M.D., Medical Director, OU Physicians Family Medicine. Show No. 798
Our topics included:
- How she came to practice medicine in Oklahoma at OU Medicine.
- Discuss the problem of people struggling with chronic pain.
- Definition of chronic pain and how it differs from other types of pain.
- How she would state the problem about trying to assist folks with chronic pain and not have an over prescription of opioid drugs solve it.
- It’s been termed as an epidemic here in Oklahoma as well as nationally, what she can tell us about that.
- How Oklahoma fairs versus the nation.
- Solutions she suggests.
- How viewers become better informed and assist to solve this problem.
Dr. Rachel Franklin, Kent Meyers