"An Update from the Chancellor" was first aired on Sunday July 10th 2016. Our Guest was Glenn Johnson, Chancellor, Oklahoma State System of Higher Education. Show No. 790
Our topics included:
- What’s new at the Oklahoma Regents for Higher Education
- The impact of the 15.92% cut to the FY2017 Budget for the State System of Higher Education
- Unfilled and eliminated faculty and staff positions and employee furloughs.
- Decreased and eliminated campus student services across the system.
- Reduced funding for key system programs - including concurrent enrollment in summer academies.
- Misconceptions about higher education’s ability to withstand these historic budget cuts.
- Indicators of the State’s system of higher education‘s value productivity and performance.
- Comparative data from the Southern Regional Education Board.
- National affordability rankings.
- Complete College America degree completion metrics.
- STEM degrees and certificates.
- Comparative data from the project on student debt.
- What viewers should be on the lookout for in the upcoming future in higher education.
Glenn Johnson, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers