"Arts? Why?" was first aired on Sunday June 5th 2016. Our Guests were Michael Laird, Allied Arts 2016 Campaign Co-Chair, Deborah McAuliffe Senner, Allied Arts President/CEO and Michael Baron, Producing Artistic Director for Lyric Theatre. Show No. 785
Our topics included:
- Deborah – discusses Allied Arts:
- Its mission;
- its member agencies;
- the educational outreach;
- the governance.
- Michael Laird – discusses the Allied Arts drive of which he is the co-chair:
- The other co-chair;
- why we have it;
- similarity to the United Way concept;
- why this year is different from previous years.
- Michael Baron – discusses the Lyric Theatre:
- Its history;
- its audience served annually;
- the arts program initiatives;
- importance of Allied Arts funding to the Lyric Theatre’s survival;
- upcoming season.
- Deborah/Michael Laird – discuss decreases in funding this year;
- how campaigning is going so far;
- what small donations will do;
- how people can get involved;
- 45 day give-away program;
- availability of raffle tickets to be purchased online.