"When Does an Amateur Become a Professional?" was first aired on Sunday March 13th 2016. Our Guest was Ryan Ray, Attorney. Show No. 773
Our topics included:
- What has been keeping him busy recently.
- His evaluation of the 9th Circuit’s Opinion regarding the NCAA and amateurism.
- How he evaluates the O-Bannon Opinion’s effect on amateurism – how much money can we pay an athlete and allow them to claim amateur status?
- Does he anticipate further invasions of money into collegiate athletics than what we have seen so far.
- How he evaluates the recent decision to allow the “Mixon tape” to be declared of public record.
Ryan Ray, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers