Site designed and hosted by
"A Conversation With Lieutenant Governor Mary Fallin" was first aired on Sunday October 13th 2002. Our Guest was Mary Fallin, Lieutenant Governor.
Our topics included:
- Dissuss the statement in her website regarding the elderly “Laura Boyd’s proposals for a nursing home bill of rights are already state law”
- If there is anything new in Laura Boyd's proposal.
- Economic development & the State’s current economic crunch.
- A possible short-term solution.
- What the State should do to meet its obligations.
- Should all board agencies & interests get an equal, across the board reduction or are some more important than others.
- Education & her statement that our kids deserve a first class public education system.
- How we can get one.
- Possible school consolidation in the rural areas.
- What should be done to improve our public education system & keep our teachers.
- Tourism & her position as Chairman of the Tourism Commission.
- Was transferring the Quartz Mountain Lodge from Tourism a correct thing to do
- How we can maintain these facilities in these economic times.
- Giving the Tourism Commission authority “to secure private sector participation in the ownership & operation of our lodges & cabins at Roman Nose, Lake Murray & Western Hills” & how she envisions that working & why will that bring about a better solution.
Kent Meyers, Larry Blankenship, Mick Cornett, Lt. Gov. Mary Fallin