"CONGENITAL Heart Disease" was first aired on Sunday November 1st 2015. Our Guest was Sabrina Phillips, M.D., Cardiologist, OU Physicians.
Our topics included:
- What brought her to Oklahoma.
- What is CONGENITAL heart disease?
- Life-long health issues and other health issues that come up - including something as “routine” as pregnancy – that have to be managed very carefully.
- Why there are so few physicians who specialize specifically in working with congenital heart patients?
- Discuss her work at Mayo Clinic and the patients she saw from Oklahoma and why doctors in Oklahoma were referring patients to her there.
- At what age are most patients’ congenital heart disease discovered?
- Pediatric cardiologists and their care for those patients.
- Her work with the pediatric doctors on transitioning those patients to her care once they are adults.
- Developments do she sees in the next 5-10 years that will make these heart difficulties better.
Sabrina Phillips, Mick Cornett