"Unicameral Legislature in Oklahoma?" was first aired on Sunday October 18th 2015. Our Guest was Gary A. Jones, CPA, CFE, Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector.
Our topics included:
- Update on State Auditor’s office
- His primary responsibilities and his staff
- His interest in exploring the possibility of a unicameral legislature for Oklahoma.
- How that interest come about and why he thinks it is worthy to consider it
- Very few states (probably only Nebraska) have a unicameral legislature now, the benefits of unicameral vs. our current bicameral structure
- What it would take to put before the people the vote on whether or not to amend our Constitution and switch to unicameral
Gary Jones, Mick Cornett