"A Look at the New Western Avenue" was first aired on Sunday June 28th 2015. Our Guest was Laura Tirrell, Gallery Director, Howell Gallery.
Our topics included:
- Her background and how she got into supervising the operation of an art gallery.
- Location of her gallery and what's going on around it on North Western Avenue.
- Major developments that have taken place in that area and what she anticipates for the future.
- Specialty niches of her gallery.
- With the advent of digital technology and new technological developments occurring around us, how the business of the art gallery has changed in recent years.
- How she goes about attracting customers to her gallery –measures she uses.
- How she determines what should be in her gallery and what should not be.
- Why art is important to the Oklahoma City public.
Laura Tirrell, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers