"A Report From the Chief Justice" was first aired on Sunday June 21st 2015. Our Guest was John F. Reif, Chief Justice, Oklahoma Supreme Court.
Our topics included:
- His thoughts on serving as Chief Justice since assuming his duties in January.
- Principal responsibilities of the Chief Justice as opposed to an Associate Justice or even the Vice Chief Justice.
- Supreme Court workload –increasing – decreasing.
- How he goes about searching for law clerks to support the work of the Court and qualifications he is looking for.
- What he envisions as the principal challenges facing the Court during his two-year term as the Chief Justice.
- How the work at the Court has changed since the move into the new building.
Justice Reif, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers