"Tobacco and Cancer" was first aired on Sunday March 8th 2015. Our Guest was Donald Robert McCaffree, MD, OU Health Sciences Center.
Our topics included:
- Discuss the Stephenson Cancer Center here in Oklahoma City.
- What viewers should know about that Cancer Center and how it is unique.
- His connection with the Cancer Center.
- Activities going on in Oklahoma insofar as tobacco research.
- Discuss initiatives in place today to reduce tobacco use in Oklahoma – recent American Journal of Preventive Medicine article.
- Discuss TSET, what it is and how it works.
- Results from the TSET organization.
- His hope/prediction for cancer related to smoking in Oklahoma in the near term.
- In the long term.
- What Oklahomans can do individually to assist in the efforts of the Stephenson Cancer Center.
Dr. McCaffree, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers