"Meet Judge Bacharach" was first aired on Sunday March 1st 2015. Our Guest was Robert E. Bacharach, Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit.
Our topics included:
- Discuss his recent confirmation by the Senate to his position on the Tenth Circuit.
- Where the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals fits within our court structure –the courts below and above it.
- Discuss the appointive process to the Tenth Circuit – how it comes about and whether states allocated spots.
- States involved within the Tenth Circuit's framework and how they are determined.
- His confirmation vote was truly overwhelming, how do he accounts for that in light of recent history with other judges.
- His staff and where his office is located.
- Most difficult duties he must perform as a circuit judge.
- How his prior service on the court as clerk to Judge Holloway prepared him to assume his duties as a court member.
- Other judges from Oklahoma that have served on the Tenth Circuit in recent years starting with Judge Murrah.
- How he balances the responsibilities of family, workload, an Oklahoma City office, and a Denver office.
Judge Bacharach, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers