"Discipline in Pro Sports" was first aired on Sunday February 15th 2015. Our Guest was Ryan Ray, Attorney, Norman, Wohlgemuth, Chandler & Jeter.
Our topics included:
- Discuss organizational structure generally of pro sports.
- The participants are the teams (owners), the league, the union (the players), each has a role to play.
- Function and purpose of the Collective Bargaining Agreement that is present between the unions and the owners and why it is necessary to have one
- Discuss the Ray Rice case, the likely result of the case and why.
- Discuss the Adrian Peterson case, the likely result of the case and why.
- Potential suggestion by these cases there may be some changes in the Collective Bargaining Agreement the next time they go to the table
Ryan Ray, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers