"OU v. NCAA – Who Won? – Show I" was first aired on Sunday September 15th 2002. Our Guests were Andy Coats, Dean, University of Oklahoma, College of Law and Clyde Muchmore, Attorney with Crowe & Dunlevy.
Our topics included:
- Last year approximately 400 college football games televised - free market. This year, even more.
- In 1981, 14 college football games televised under NCAA plan.
- How did this happen?
- From famine to feast for fans. From cartel to free market. Who won?
- From 14 to 400; how did this happen?
- NCAA Plan. What was wrong with it?
- Why did OU and Georgia sue the NCAA?
- Was this college football's biggest fumble?
- Regulate basketball?
- Review Court proceeding: Trial - Appeal - Supreme Court. Result
- Two predictions of Justice White: Too much T.V. - Subsequent agreements have some problem?
- Dealing with NCAA.
- Probation later.
- Oklahoma college football fans can be happy that they will be able to see their favorite team
Andy Coats, Larry Blankenship, Kent Meyers, Mick Cornett, Clyde Muchmore