"Meet the New Publisher of the Journal Record" was first aired on Sunday December 14th 2014. Our Guest was Joni Brooks, President and Publisher, The Journal Record.
Our topics included:
- How she is transitioning into her new position with the Journal Record.
- How she likes the Oklahoma City/Tulsa community insofar as the newspaper business is concerned.
- Discuss the competitive niche the Journal Record has and is it useful.
- Circulation of the Journal Record, increasing, decreasing or staying about the same.
- What can be done to increase circulation and therefore advertising revenue at the paper.
- Staff size in Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
- With regard to subscriptions, is readership larger in Oklahoma City or in Tulsa.
- How she determines areas of emphasis the paper is going to pursue in order for it to continue to be something folks like to pick up and read every day.
- Biggest challenges facing a newspaper such as the Journal Record in the near future and how she intends to deal with it.