Site designed and hosted by
"Women in Oklahoma Banking" was first aired on Sunday December 7th 2014. Our Guest was Jill Castilla, CEO and President of Citizens Bank of Edmond.
Our topics included:
- Status of women in banking generally today and particularly in Oklahoma.
- How more women can be enticed into executive positions in the banking industry – what has to happen.
- What she sees as the biggest hurdles facing women in banking.
- Better chances for advancement for women in a large national bank or in a smaller community bank and why.
- Are colleges and universities doing enough to prepare women for careers in banking.
- Path she would recommend for a woman that wants to become involved in banking as a career.
- Where she sees the future of banking going both nationally and in Oklahoma in the next 5-10 years – changes we are going to see.
- Are payment systems like Apple has recently introduced with its new IPhone something that the banks welcome or see as a threat/problem and why.
- How she finds the Edmond community as far as being receptive to women in banking.