"A Cancer Research Updage" was first aired on Sunday October 12th 2014. Our Guest was Shubham Pant, M.D., Stephenson Cancer Center Oncologist.
Our topics included:
- How he came to Oklahoma and how he is liking it.
- What a clinical trial is and the different types of clinical trials.
- Purposes of clinical trials and why are they important not only for cancer but for all diseases.
- The only phase 1 cancer trials in Oklahoma are now available at the Stephenson Cancer Center, why that is the case and what the Cancer Center hopes to accomplish.
- How these trials have progressed.
- What is cancer and what happens in the body when someone does have cancer.
- What's ahead for cancer treatment.
- What he predicts will be the result of clinical trials in cancer –the objective.
- 10 years from now, will there be a cure for cancer.
Dr. Pant, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers