"Time is Brain" was first aired on Sunday September 14th 2014. Our Guest was David Gordon, M.D., Chair of Neurology, OU College of Medicine.
Our topics included:
- What is meant by "Time is Brain".
- How common stroke is in the United States and particularly in Oklahoma as being a cause of death or a long-term disability.
- Major risk factors for stroke.
- Warning signs of a stroke.
- What's a TIA and what kind of indicator it is for future problems.
- Stroke prevention – what it means to check under the hood.
- Best things Oklahomans can do to lessen the risk of stroke.