"Judges, Should They Be Elected Or Appointed? - Show II" was first aired on Sunday September 8th 2002. Our Guests were The Honorable Niles Jackson, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Western District of Oklahoma and Burck Bailey, Attorney with Fellers, Snider, Blankenship, Bailey & Tippens.
Our topics included:
- Bankruptcy Judges are appointed for 14 year terms. Is running for office consistent with judicial integrity?
- Raising campaign funds; please comment on Lawyers as contributors and Litigants as contributors.
- Discussion of the Kelly case.
- If the gloves are off on free speech, what should we expect?
- Should elections be partisan or nonpartisan and why?
- Should we continue to elect?
- What about the Federal system and the appointment for life, is this a good system?
Bailey, Blankenship, Jackson