"An Analysis of the Primary Elections" was first aired on Sunday July 20th 2014. Our Guest was R. Keith Gaddie, Professor, Political Science Department, University of Oklahoma.
Our topics included:
- His general impression about the voter turnout in the primary elections.
- U.S. Senate race and the two principle contenders. Shannon and Lankford.
- How Lankford avoided a runoff.
- Negative advertising done by both Shannon and Lankford in the course of their campaign.
- Governor's race, how it turned out on the Republican side.
- Difficulties in the general election Governor Fallin might have with Representative Dorman.
- Surprises from the 5th Congressional District race.
- How he handicaps the runoff.
- State Superintendent of Education, his view about Janet Barresi finishing third in that race and not making the runoff.
- His thoughts on Joy Hofmeister's showing and negative advertising in this race.
- Other races he found significant and of interest for the upcoming runoff or general election.
Professor Gaddie, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers