"Oklahoma Quakes" was first aired on Sunday June 1st 2014. Our Guest was Austin Holland, Research Seismologist, Oklahoma Geological Survey.
Our topics included:
- What's going on at the Oklahoma Geological Survey.
- Mission of the Oklahoma Geological Survey and how it reacts with the University of Oklahoma.
- What brought him to Oklahoma from Idaho.
- Does his work at the OGS extend beyond the state boundaries or is it limited to what is going on in the State of Oklahoma from a seismic standpoint.
- What is "triggered seismicity".
- His best judgment about what's going on in Oklahoma from the standpoint of earthquake seismology.
- His predictions about tendencies and likelihood of major earthquakes in the future.
- Things viewers need to know about earthquakes – large or small.
- Availability of earthquake insurance to homeowners here in Oklahoma, difficulty obtaining it and affordability.
- Areas of Oklahoma more subject to earthquakes, large or small, than other areas, and why.
- Location of the areas particularly vulnerable to seismic activity.
- What the average homeowner can do to protect themselves from an earthquake.
Austin Holland, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers