"An Update from OERB" was first aired on Sunday May 25th 2014. Our Guest was Tim Munson, Chairman of the Board, OERB.
Our topics included:
- Update on OERB's education efforts over the past year.
- Number of students and teachers reached.
- Programs available for high school students and professionals.
- Well-site safety.
- What's been going on in well-site restoration.
- Other OERB programs.
- Hydraulic fracturing, what it is in laymen's terms.
- What is a "fracking" fluid.
- How deep hydraulic fracturing occurs.
- Safeguards in place to protect freshwater supplies.
- Who regulates hydraulic fracturing.
- His thoughts about efforts by the current administration in Washington to have hydraulic fracturing regulated at the federal level.
- Oklahoma's current drought and what the industry is doing, if anything to conserve water.
- His response to people who think hydraulic fracturing is the cause of Oklahoma's earthquakes.
Tim Munson, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers