"A Chat With Majority Floor Leader Pam Peterson" was first aired on Sunday September 8th 2013. Our Guest was Pam Peterson, Representative, Oklahoma House of Representatives, Dist. 67.
Our topics included:
- Congratulations on being selected Majority Floor Leader by Speaker Shannon
- Her first session as Majority Floor Leader
- Major duties of the Majority Floor Leader
- How she worked together as a team with the Speaker
- Interim studies that have been selected this year and how that process will proceed.
- Interim studies she will be involved in
- Effectiveness of interim studies in actually bringing about change
- What she thinks are the matters the Legislature will want to take up next year that did not get passed this year
- Whose responsibility it is to review Bills to see if they violate the “more than one general subject” Constitutional Rules
- How that responsibility is carried out
- How she predicts the budget process will go next session and how the revenues are coming in
- She's the first woman to hold the position of Majority Floor Leader in our 105 year history, how she felt about that
- Differences between being the Majority Floor Leader and the Majority WHIP
Pam Peterson, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers