Site designed and hosted by
"Government Acquisitions of Private Citizen Information" was first aired on Sunday August 25th 2013. Our Guest was Robert McCampbell, Attorney.
Our topics included:
- How his experience with both public and private practice have caused him to become familiar with what’s going on today in relation to the gathering of information on telephone records, email data, etc.
- Discuss Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning and the talk about the gathering of data by the government.
- Discuss the gathering of telephone data.
- What’s going on there and is it legal and constitutional.
- The PRISM program on collecting email data.
- How that works, why we have it, what safeguards are in place to protect privacy and is it legal and constitutional.
- Type of safeguards in place with respect to the collection of data
- The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (the FISA Court)
- His experience regarding what some have argued that the FISA Court is merely a rubberstamping of approval on anything the government wants to do
- Why we need these data collection programs and are they still necessary
- Edward Snowden and Manning portray themselves as whistleblowers, their opponents refer to them as traitors.
- Which label is more likely correct?
Robert McCampbell, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers