"A Visit with the Speaker of the House" was first aired on Sunday July 21st 2013. Our Guest was T.W. Shannon, Speaker, Oklahoma House of Representatives.
Our topics included:
- Congratulations on finishing the first session as Speaker.
- Surprises he saw during his first session of the House of Representatives in his leadership position
- His general thoughts on the session
- Republican Party holds a strong majority position, how he exercised considerable leadership skills to bring about consensus on a number of issues.
- Difficulty of doing same.
- Highlights of the Legislative Session from his perspective.
- Low lights, if any.
- His view about interim studies that ought to be conducted between now and the beginning of the Legislative Session
- What he would like to see accomplished next year
- Some of his major agenda items
- Movement afoot to try to bring about the changing of some of the statewide offices from elective to appointive by the Governor
- His satisfaction with the format or structure of the budget process
- Anticipated changes
T.W. Shannon, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers