"An Update on the Judicial Nominating Commission" was first aired on Sunday July 28th 2013. Our Guest was Heather Burrage, Chairman, Oklahoma Judicial Nominating Commission.
Our topics included:
- Congratulations on being designated Chairman to the Oklahoma Judicial Nominating Commission by your other Commissioners
- When her term expires.
- As chairperson of the OJNC, her primary duties
- Her law practice in conjunction with all this
- Mission of the Commission, its membership and how and when it functions in relation to judicial vacancies
- “Suggestions” about changing the Judicial Nominating Commission or abolishing it, what she thinks about its efficiency?
- How it is insulated from political pressure
- Approximate number of vacancies occur in the course of a given year on the District Court bench in Oklahoma
- Why such a larger turnover?
Heather Burrage, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers