"An Oklahoma Financial Report from Our Treasurer" was first aired on Sunday April 14th 2013. Our Guest was Ken Miller, Ph.D., Treasurer, State of Oklahoma.
Our topics included:
- Update on State Treasurer's office.
- Recent publication issued by his office discussing persistent pension problems.
- How these problems can be addressed.
- Why the teachers have a much larger unfunded portion than Judges or police?
- What needs to happen to keep the unfunded status of our pension plans from continuing?
- Governor's reaction to "rightsizing" our State's pension systems.
- Oklahoma Treasury Online Checkbook.
- How our tax receipts are being received vs. the estimates.
- Other major economic indicators now that tell us what may be happening to the Oklahoma economy.
Ken Miller, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers