"Update on the Innocence Project" was first aired on Sunday February 3rd 2013. Our Guest was Lawrence K. Hellman, Executive Director, Oklahoma Innocence Project.
Our topics included:
- Recent change in his position.
- How his daily activities have changed since he made this change in position.
- Types of changes that have taken place at OCU Law recently in relation to personnel and facilities, i.e. change in Dean; purchase and rebuilding.
- Discuss the development of the Innocence Project in Oklahoma and Oklahoma City University Law School in particular.
- Discuss the formation of the Clinic at OCU Law.
- The principal areas of activity for the clinic.
- Who is included within the work at the Clinic: the faculty, staff, students, outside lawyers.
- Relationship the Clinic has to the National Innocence Project organization.
- How their mission gives statewide coverage to this endeavor.
- How they find cases to consider –criteria used.
- What the students do in relation to the cases choosen.
- What he does.
- What the Executive Director does.
- How procedures are changing in our judicial system to limit the number of cases where errors are being made.
- What viewers can do.
- Need for volunteers or assistance, financial or otherwise.
Kent Meyers, Larry Hellman