"Let's Race" was first aired on Sunday December 23rd 2012. Our Guest was Debbie Schauf, Executive Director, Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Association.
Our topics included:
- The Oklahoma Quarter Horse Racing Association.
- How long it has been in existence; number of members; purpose of the organization.
- Comparable organizations in other states that have large populations of quarter horses.
- Difference between a quarter horse and a thoroughbred horse.
- Services the Association provides for its members.
- Discuss the current issue relating to racing in Tulsa Fair Park (Fair Meadows).
- How long racing has been going on at Tulsa Fair Park.
- Impact on the quarter horse racing community the cessation of racing will have.
- How the problem affects the thoroughbred racing as well as quarter horse racing.
- If racing is not continued at this track, number of jobs affected and amount of revenue could be lost by those concerned.
- Her view on what should happen about racing at Tulsa Fair Park.
- What Tulsa or Oklahoma City viewers should do to help bring back racing to Tulsa Fair Park.
Debbie Schauf, Kent Meyers