"What's New at Integris" was first aired on Sunday November 18th 2012. Our Guest was C. Bruce Lawrence, President and CEO, Integris Health.
Our topics included:
- His role as President and CEO of Integris.
- Since having been on the job for a while, his findings about the new position he assumed.
- Major priorities for the near term.
- Current expansion plans for Integris either on its Northwest Oklahoma City campus or elsewhere.
- The task of complying with new federal requirements both statutory and regulatory.
- How changing technology affects the way medicine is being practiced today.
- Need for outlying clinics or hospitals apart from their main location.
- Major areas of healthcare which Integris is expanding or about to enter.
- How the Supreme Court's decision in the new healthcare law, upholding the requirement that most folks have health insurance, will impact their hospital system.
- How preventive care will make a difference in the lives of patients if adequately offered and taken advantage of by them.
- How peacefully the State of Oklahoma government and federal healthcare requirements can coexist.