"Women in Sports Reporting" was first aired on Sunday November 4th 2012. Our Guest was Jenni Carlson, Sports Writer, The Oklahoman.
Our topics included:
- Jenni talks about her new baby, and how the family is getting along with the new addition.
- Her journey in becoming a sports writer.
- When she knew that's what she wanted to do.
- What she had to do to let folks know she was capable of carrying out these types of journalistic assignments.
- How she got to Oklahoma.
- Her receiption in Oklahoma.
- How the lifestyle of a sports reporter meshes with the lifestyle of a new mother.
- Her favorite sports.
- Five years from now, what she hopes she is doing.
- How thick-skinned one needs to have to carry out her tasks both within the news organization and in the sports world.
- Her most fun assignment so far.
- Her most difficult assignment so far.