"Meet the President of UCO" was first aired on Sunday September 23rd 2012. Our Guest was Don Betz, Ph.D., President, University of Central Oklahoma.
Our topics included:
- His first 18 months as President of UCO.
- How his prior 6 years of service to UCO before becoming President have equipped him for the challenges he now faces.
- He came to the position with significant international experience in diplomacy and negotiation, his anticipation of trying to expand UCO's international presence.
- What is going on at UCO.
- New programs or areas of study being initiated or developed.
- Enrollment seems to continues to increase every year, how he manages handling that in times of tight budgets.
- As a state school, what percentage of its funding is state money and what percentage comes from tuition or other sources.
- Is this an increasing or decreasing percentage of state money.
- From an athletic standpoint, UCO continues to excel in its athletic programs, why that is important for a university atmosphere.
- The biggest challenge he faces at UCO and how he envisions tackling it.
- New facilities under construction or on the drawing board.
- 10 years from now, what we should expect to see at UCO that is different than what we can observe now.