"Don't Stop the Presses" was first aired on Sunday August 26th 2012. Our Guest was Mark Thomas, Executive Vice President, Oklahoma Press Association.
Our topics included:
- Remembrance of Ben Blackstock.
- Mark's background that brought him to the Oklahoma Press Association and how he has found his job as Executive Vice President.
- Primary members of the Association – are the print media or radio and TV also represented in the Association.
- Description of the Association, its membership, its mission, its office location and its staff.
- The major challenges facing "The Press" today.
- If Oklahoma's Open Meetings Laws and Open Records Acts are accomplishing their purpose or should there be more restricted enforcement.
- The major competitive hurdles facing newspapers today.
- How the newspapers can compete with the electronic media.
- In 15 years, will there newspapers be sold on the street and thrown at our doorstep.
- Single most important goal of the Oklahoma Press Association.
- Is it First Amendment enforcement.
- How important to this country is freedom of the press.
Mark Thomas, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers