"A Thunder Update" was first aired on Sunday August 5th 2012. Our Guest was Christine Berney, Director, Community Relations, Oklahoma City Thunder.
Our topics included:
- Attitude around Thunder headquarters. On the one hand, they lost out in a 5-1 series to the League champions, on the other hand, they had an extremely successful run getting to the finals.
- General spirit of the Thunder folks
- New players we might expect to see this next year
- As Director of Community Relations, what she does throughout the year
- Difficulty of scheduling the players for public appearances and best time of the year to use for that purpose (Off season, or during the season)
- How she assesses Oklahoma City's acceptance of the Thunder
- Their outreach to the Native American community here in the Oklahoma City area
- How her work with the Oklahoma City Chamber was beneficial to her in taking over her current duties
- Major projects the team did in relation to Community Relations this last year
- New/different projects on the drawing board?
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROJECTS AS EMPHASIZED BY THE WEBSITE
Christine Berney, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers