"OERB Update" was first aired on Sunday March 25th 2012. Our Guests were Mindy Stitt, Executive Director, OERB and Pete Brown, Chair of Public Education Committee, OERB.
Our topics included:
- Mindy talks about her beginnings with OERB since it began in 1994. Where the idea to begin the OERB came from.
- How Pete became involved with OERB.
- Pete was a past President of the Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association, discusses its mission.
- New ad campaign that tells the student education story.
- Hydraulic fracturing - that is addressed on the OERB webpage and why.
- Well-site safety.
- Why gas prices are so high today and how the pricing of gasoline works.
- Governor Fallin's push to use natural gas as a transportation fuel and how that could help all of us.
- Legislative issues nationally or locally that will impact the industry.
- Update on number of sites cleaned up by OERB at no cost to the taxpayer.
- OERB and the work it does here in Oklahoma.
Pete Brown, Mick Cornett, Mindy Stitt