"What's New on the Farm" was first aired on Sunday February 26th 2012. Our Guest was Monica Wilke, Executive Director, Oklahoma Farm Bureau.
Our topics included:
- The Farm Bureau Organization, how it started and where it is today.
- Where she envisions it being in the future.
- Monica's journey in being named to lead Oklahoma Farm Bureau.
- Life experiences that led her to this role.
- Importance of its grassroots policy process.
- What is meant by their "collective voice in promoting and protecting the agricultural community in Oklahoma".
- Role the Bureau plays in shaping policy that becomes law in Oklahoma.
- The voices at the state capitol of the Bureau.
- Core initiatives it has developed to promote agriculture.
- Legal Foundation.
- Oklahoma Ag Fund.
- Role the FARM Foundation plays.
- How the Bureau ranks in size among Oklahoma based insurance companies.
Monica Wilke, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers