"The Trial Lawyers Are Coming! - Show 1" was first aired on Sunday April 7th 2002. Our Guests were James M. Sturdivant, Attorney at Law and Patrick Carr, Attorney at Law.
Our topics included:
- What does the term Trial Lawyer mean?
- Is the perception of Trial Lawyers depicted by television a fair and accurate portrayal?
- The jury system in this country is under attack. How has Carr & Carr been involved in preserving the jury system?
- Part of the jury system results in punitive damages awards. What are punitive damages?
- Tort Reform at the local state and the national level; what is it and is it needed?
- President Clinton had the tort reformers support, while Bush does not want their support? Are most tort reformers Republicans?
- Is it appropriate for Trial Lawyers to be active politically or use their position to push certain issues?
- Is the Judicial system out of control, does it need fixed?
Sturdivant, Meyers, Blankenship, Cornett, Carr