"Where is Oklahoma Now?" was first aired on Sunday December 11th 2011. Our Guest was Ken Miller, Treasurer, State of Oklahoma.
Our topics included:
- Update on his tenure as State Treasurer.
- New major changes.
- Summary of major elements of activities in the financial world that affect what Oklahoma does or can do.
- How revenue is holding up - increasing/decreasing - and what the Legislature will have to deal with this next session.
- What segments of the economy in Oklahoma are performing well/under performing from a revenue standpoint that affects what state government can do.
- How the European debt crisis affects state government in Oklahoma.
- Prediction – contribution to or withdrawal from the Rainy Day Fund this next year.
- Changes in state fiscal policy he would like to see (constitutional or statutory) that would be beneficial to the state's operations.
- Long term prediction – in 5 years where we will be fiscally.
Ken Miller, Mick Cornett, Kent Meyers